A lot of talk in the sphere this morning concerning Nancy Pelosi and the supposed ending of the honeymoon period for the democrats. Pelosi’s support for congressman Murtha has got some folks questioning whether or not Pelosi will really “drain the swamp”. This post at BitsBlog reports that Murtha may be one of the most currupt congressmen in the house right now.
Reports on Giuliani’s apparent first steps toward a Presidential run circulated throughout the sphere as well. Chris Bowers at liberal blog MyDD thinks Giuliani is the top pick for the Republican party. Ian at Hot Air seems to think the same.
It appears to be the consensus of many that the decision to make Mel Martinez chairman of the Republican National Committee was an ill advised one. Captain Ed calls Martinez an underwhelming choice and tells us why.
Policy Issues Around the Sphere
- Escaped Al-Queda prisoner captured again. (Captain Ed)
- Hamas, Iran, Hizbollah. Bad news from all three groups. (Decision ’08)
- Blair calls for partnership with Iran. (Allahpundit at Hot Air)
- What will this congress do to free trade? (Sallie James at Cato)
- Poll on whether or not people think taxes help or hurt the economy. (Andrew Roth at The Club for Growth)
- The spread of the flat tax in Europe. (Demian Brady at Govt. Bytes)
- The politics of immigration reform (Paul at Power Line)